Wednesday, August 26, 2009
1st Day of School
Not only was it the first day of school, it was the 1st day of Bartram Springs Elementary our brand NEW school. We have been watching the building of the school progress over the last year. How exciting!! Everyone was excited to meet their teachers and see the inside of the new school. It was nice there were several familiar faces.
Lindsay's class seems to be quite small right now only 15 enrolled, but only 11 have shown up. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Redmon. Gavin's Kindergarten class has 22 students with Mrs. Sisbarro and a teacher's aide. Gavin did really well for his first day no tears from him, he was such a BIG boy.
I on the other hand was really sad and upset when I left the school. Abby wasn't sure what was going on. I watched the clock every hour wondering how their day was going. When Abby & I picked them up they told us all fun stuff they did. They took a tour of the school, met all the resource teachers and most importantly got to play on the playground. Gavin was most excited about having more boys in his class than girls, I'm not sure if the teacher shares the same sentiment!! Lindsay enjoyed lunch time the best!
I can't believe how time flies. In one moment you covet the day they will start school and now here we are and it just isn't as fun as I envisioned. My heart ached every minute they were at school, lucky for me I have four more years to enjoy before I have to send another one off to Kindergarten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Awww...I'm sorry you were sad. Not me!! I must be a bad mom! I think I was more excited than Emma was! When I walked away from her that first day though, looking back at her in the hallway (talking some boy's ears off), I did have a little pang of emotion -- not sadness, just a realization that I wanted to remember her on that day forever! But no tears were shed by either of us and she has enjoyed every day so far and I have enjoyed listening to her share the little bit of information I can get out of her! I guess being at "the big school" is a much bigger deal to me than it is to her. LOL!! I hope Gavin & Lindsay enjoyed their first week of school!! :o)
Post a Comment